Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Confident Hope

It tears my heart when each time I see the enemy succeed in undermining the simple trust of a child of God and gotten him into self-accusation and condemnation.
It is a fearful place when the soul allows Satan to take the throne and act as God, sitting in judgment on its every thought and act, and keeping it in the darkness of ceaseless condemnation. This is Satan's objective point in all his attacks upon you: to destroy your trust. If he can get you to lose your simple confidence in God, he knows that he will soon have you at his feet.
But.......... "For my souls that has known the sweetness of God's love, to lose its perfect trust in Him is enough to wreck both the reason and the life. Beloved "Hold on to ............. courage ......and hope."
In the children's story "The little engine that could" the little engine climbs a steep incline by puffing, "I think, I can, I think I can, I think I can!" We can draw courage from a true story of infinitely greater importance - the story of "The Mighty Savior Who could........and Did!" And what did the Savior do? He conquered sin and death by climbing the hill of Calvary and declaring."It is finished!"
By looking to Him for courage, you can meet any situation that lies ahead of you."I can......I can.....I can do all things through Him who gives me strength. (Phil.4:13)

No comments: