Thursday, September 28, 2006

Connect.......connect!!!!!!

Can I go on with life and do not have friends? Do I believe it is possible to be a good Christian without having godly friends? Yes just relocate my family, where are my friends? They are back in KL Here in Melaka it seem so hard trying to connect with people.
Well, I wonder if, if? Have you ever had a conversation in which you feel that you have really bonded? Occasionally when talking with someone else, it is almost as if your souls open up and you connect. You moved beyond the "Hi, how are you?" You have connected.
Or do you ever have one of those conversations in which you just don't connect? No matter how hard you try,you feel that you just can't get through to that person. You could be talking to your teenager, and they look at you like you are from another planet. Or it could be your spouse.You can usually connect, but for whatever reason it is just not happening at that moment. We desperately need others to understand us- to know how we feel, and for us to understand how they feel. We want to be connected.
A study done by the Mental Health department of US discovered that if you are disconnected to other people, there is no one in your life that you rally feel understand you,you are two to three times more likely to die an early death, you are four times more likely to suffer from emotional burnout, you are five times more likely to suffer clinical depression and you are ten times more likely to be hospitalized for an emotional or mental disorder. Human connections are good medicine.
Proverbs 27:9 says."A sweet friendship refreshes the soul." There is something about an intimate relationship that refresh us spiritually. We were designed for intimate, loving relationships in which we are to enjoyed. simply for who we are and not what we can do for others. We need people who understand us , who relate to us and who can connect to u
O Lord! my prayer is to help me in my new assignment here as I try to grow your church, help me to connect with people. Lord I want, I want to go far beyond the "Hi! how are you?" but like David of Old, about his friendship with Jonathan.They made vow to be friends, and David kept his vows even after Jonathan died. When Jonathan died,David said, "How I weep for you, my brother Jonathan! Oh how much I loved you! And your love for me was deep, deeper than the love of woman!" They had a friendship that was tested,but they drew together in difficult times and remained friends to the very end.
Lord my prayers is that you open doors for us so that we are able to meet peoples and connect them for your kingdom.

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

Yeah, that's the importance of finding a kindred spirit. To move beyond the formalities and come to a place where hearts are exchanged and not just words.