Monday, October 16, 2006

Being God's servant

Still thinking of my morning sermon. Yet another Sunday has slip by with this questions flicking on my mind. What standard of measurement do I tend to use to measure my work for God? How does God measure my success for Him? If I feel weak, limited and ordinary,what kind of material am I?
The call to salvation is a call to be on mission with God as He reconciles a lost world to Himself through Christ. This calling requires that I be a servant of God. Jesus gave me the best model of servanthood, which was both humble and obedient. As a servant I must be moldable and remain available for the Master's use.
Even I am just another ordinary person, I know and pray that God will prepare me and then He will do His work through me, revealing Himself to a watching world.
Yes God, that is my one desire today to be your servant, to see You accomplishing things through me that only You can do. Yes I can do nothing on my own.I know that I cannot achieve the success that You call me to achieve. I depend entirely on You to do Your work through me. I know You can do anything You choose to do. I give myself to You completely.Work though me any way You want to work. Show me where You are at work and include me in that work. I will not question Your call, I will do the work You show me. Help me to build your church which you have put unto my care. Lord accept the worship of Your servant today.

2 comments:

Irreligious Philosopher said...

Hi, i came across your blog through Wilful Sunflower.

longsuffering said...

Thanks for visiting me,will do likewise. Bless you.