Monday, September 18, 2006

Apprehension

Again here I am sitting in front of my good buddy talking and letting it go. I read a blog registered by a student which I am trying to reach out to said he felt apprehension each time I try to connect and care for him. A student away from home, have invited him home for meals, took him yamcha and run errands for him because he does not have wheels. I was trying to comprehend him..Why does he feels this way........ Apprehension,it is strange, it is a notch above worry, but feels like a twin. It isn't strong enough to be fear, but neither is it mind enough to be funny. It is in the category of a "mind emotion". In some ways, apprehension leaves you crippled,immobile. It is an undefined uneasiness, a feeling of uncertainty, misgiving and unrest. What frustration is yesterday, apprehension is to tomorrow.
Paul had it when he set his face toward the heavy horizon over Jerusalem. His admission is found in Acts 20:22 "And now,behold, bounded in spirit, I am on my way to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there."
A lot of emotion was packed in these words. How did he feel? Why was he uneasy? A lot of time we goes through this motion like my new friend. How do we react to this, how do I answer my new friend? Hey it is no sin,nor is it reason for embarrassment. It is, rather proof positive that you are human, should you be distrubed.
You see unfortunately,it tend to smother your pleasant dreams and good night sleep by placing a pillow over your faith. Apprehension will strap a short leash on your vision and teach you to roll over and play dead when scary statistics and pessimistic reports snaps their fingers. Paul refused to run when it took place.Openly he acknowledge its presence and stood his ground " But I do not consider my life if any account as dear to myself,in order that I may finish my course, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus (Acts 20:24)
Yes I am rising above this because I have a ministry here just to reach out and touch as many lives as possible.

No comments: